Friday, July 11, 2014

SENIOR-Teasie

When Teasie's mom asked me if I'd be willing to travel for her Senior Session I said sure! I always look forward to new places but I didn't dream of this! I asked them to share little bit about this place and why it is so special to them.

"The house was a part of a plantation in Colquitt where one of my favorite people in this world was born and raised. My grandmother, Emma, lived in this house in Miller County. I remember her talking once about being in her room in the early mornings and hearing her daddy, Big Papa, outside her window talking to the workers and paying them with tokens to be used at the commissary that was there too. When she was young, she met my Grandaddy and they began dating. I remember that he even "stole" a picture of her from the piano that was in the main hallway of this house after bringing her home from a date because "she looked so beautiful". Years later, the two married and had children and even years after that, the land in Miller County was sold. The buyers almost immediately decided to bring in the bulldozers to tear down everything still standing from her childhood. When Grandmama expressed to Grandaddy that she wanted to keep her childhood home, he arranged for it to be picked up and transported to Baker County, the land that he ran around barefooted as a kid playing with all of his cousins. It quickly became known as "Teasie's Country Playhouse". The plan was to fix up the house and return it to good condition, but before it could be done, Grandmama died suddenly from a heart attack. Since then Grandaddy has kept up the land surrounding it, but has never been able to improve the house's condition. I told him that it would be a goal of mine during my adult life to rebuild the house to treasure the memory of my grandparents. I chose to have my senior pictures here because of how special my grandparents have been to me and this is the place that keeps me close to both of them."

This was such a special session to me personally!







  
While we were taking some pictures on the dirt road I noticed a little area of bamboo. Teasie said she had never really noticed it before and we went walked back in a few steps it took my breath away!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© K&R Photography

CoffeeShop Designs